There are few places in the world that you will never forget once discovered. Kyrgyzstan is one of these places. The country’s beautiful scenery offers endless skies, an amazing mixture of culture originating from so many different sources and a rich, spellbinding atmosphere with a very warm welcome. In a small independent Kyrgyz family run riding company, you discover all these beauties during a horse-back trek in the Central Asian «Mountains of Paradise» : the Kyrgyz Republic. For those who wish to travel with authentic and very friendly local guides, who open the doors of the culture and beautiful landscapes of Kyrgyzstan, there is no equivalent to the travel by horseback.
Features of the holiday
|Responsible travel:||Economy, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Organic, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo, Student|
|Activities:||Camp, Observation, Riding, Sport, Tour|
|Accommodation:||Ger, Guesthouse, Small hotel, Tent|
|Natural environment:||Argali, Bear, Bearded vulture (Lammergeyer), Cliff, Deer, Eagle, Fauna, Glacier, Horse, Ibex, Lake, Lynx, Marmot, Mountain, Snow leopard, Steppe, Wolf|
|Culture:||Archeology, Artisans, Cathedral, Customs, History|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Reception at the airport in Bishkek, transfer to hotel and city tour. Dinner. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 2 : Travel to Barskoon, lunch at Boom Canyon.
- Day 3 to day 10 : Preparing and starting the trek over 8 days on one of the three routes of the ancient Silk Road.
- Day 11 : Drive to Karakol and visit the Jety-Oguz gorge. Lunch in Karakol. Visit the Dungan mosque (Chinese Islam), a Russian Orthodox wooden church, the local history museum (with Ella Maillart information booth) and Prjevalsky museum. Overnight in guesthouse.
- Day 12 : Travel from Karakol to the north shore of Lake Issyk Kul and visit the petroglyph site in the city of Cholpon Ata. Lunch on the way and arrived at the hotel in Bishkek. Dinner.
- Day 13 : Morning departure for the airport. Flight to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
13 days (12 nights)
From the middle of June to the end of September
Euro 1,295.– per person (7-8 persons)
Included with the holiday
- Reception at the airport
- all transfers
- hotel accommodation (3 nights in Bishkek), house or yurt on arrival and before departure (2 nights and 1 night Barskoon Karakol), accommodation in tents during the trek (7 nights)
- English speaking guide
- a cook
- three meals a day
- cooking equipment
- horse and horse equipment
- first aid kit
Not included with the holiday
- travel insurance (compulsory and to includes horseback riding)
- dinners in Bishkek on days 1 and 12
- drinks on the road to Barskoon, Karakol and when returning to Bishkek
- museum tickets
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.