Where are the Ancient Skies? It is becoming increasingly difficult to admire a beautiful starry sky in Europe with our urbanized flood-lit streets. It can be very cold at night, not to mention the clouds, which more often than not have the bad taste to spoil the party. To really discover the stars and marvel at the cosmos, there is nothing like staying in a sunny warm country, at altitude, far from the city. You will be accompanied by an expert who introduces you to astronomy and its wonders. This is the rationale for a new concept, astro travel: with your feet on the ground you explore thousands more glittering stars. Ouarzazate, at 1,150 m, the gateway to the Moroccan Sahara, offers one of the best skies in the world. During the day you explore extraordinary landscapes and enjoy the splendid hiking. At night, you submerse yourself in the mysteries of the universe.
Features of the holiday
|Responsible travel:||Fair trade, Local food, Micro-economy, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Astronomy, Observation, Tour, Walk|
|Natural environment:||Birds, Desert, Mountain|
|Culture:||Architecture, Art, Artisans, Customs|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Fly from Geneva to Marrakech and drive from Marrakech, across the Atlas Mountains to Ouarzazate.
- Day 2 : Fint Oasis. Astronomical evening.
- Day 3 : Valley of Roses. Astronomical evening.
- Day 4 : The palm groves of Skoura. Astronomical evening.
- Day 5 : High-valley Arad. Astronomical evening.
- Day 6 : Tfoultout Village and bird watching at Ouarzazate Lake. Astronomical evening.
- Day 7 : Ait Ben Haddou Vilage and kasbah. Astronomical evening.
- Day 8 : Return to Marrakech then fly to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
8 days (7 nights)
October 2017 (TBD)
CHF 1,536.– per person (12+ persons)
Included with the holiday
- transfer from the airport to the hotel in Ouarzazate
- travel insurance
- 7 nights in Guest House 3-star with hammam and swimming pool, full board including mineral water,
- bilingual (French / English) astronomer guide, cook, driver and vehicle for 8 days
- activities related to astronomy
- excursions and tours
- picnic paraphernalia
Not included with the holiday
- return flights
- travel insurance (required)
- lunch on Day 1
- beverages excluding bottled water
- personal expenses
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.