In February Iceland’s Lake Myvatn has everything to offer to those who dream of a relaxing and enchanting stay. The sun is already on its way back, the cold is dry and invigorating, the scenery beautiful. Your days will include walks of three to four hours on snowshoes followed by a natural warm bath of about 40 degrees, some of which are located in cavities in the rock, and after a superb meal you have the chance to experience the magical natural phenomenon – the aurora borealis or Northern Lights. You will actually hear them because in addition to their beautiful colours they sing.
Features of the holiday
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Economy, Environment, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Fair trade, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Organic, Sensitization, Small organization, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Mixed holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Thermal baths, Wellness|
|Accommodation:||Guesthouse, Small hotel|
|Natural environment:||Birds, Glacier, Island, Sea, Volcano|
|Culture:||Artisans, Customs, History, Legendary creatures, Legends|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Flight from Geneva to Reykjavik. Domestic flight Reykjavik – Akureyri. Welcome by your guide and transfer to Mývatn.
- Day 2 : Dimmuborgir chaos (lava castles).
- Day 3 : Climb to the Hverfell crater and decent to its interior. Hike to the rift and a hot bath there.
- Day 4 : Hike to the caldera of Krafla and the recent eruptive zone of Gjástyki.
- Day 5 : Hike to the solfataras of Hverir and Namaskjard mountain.
- Day 6 : Hike on the frozen lake and exploration of the islands and the craters.
- Day 7 : Godafoss Waterfall then onto Akureyri and domestic flight to Reykjavik. Free afternoon in Reykjavik. Overnight in a guesthouse in Reykjavik.
- Jour 8 : Return flights to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
8 days (7 nights)
11–18 February 2018
€ 2600 per person
Included with the holiday
- domestic flight from Reykjavik to Akureyri and return
- road transfers between Akureyri and Mývatn
- English and French speaking guide
- four star accommodation at Mývatn
- all meals from lunch Day 1 to breakfast Day 7
- daily entrance fee at the Mývatn’s spa D2 to D6
- one night in Reykjavik
Not included with the holiday
- flights to/from Iceland
- transfers from/to Keflavik international airport
- meals in Reykjavik
- Entrance fees for museums
- Drinks and other personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.