Over 8 days, on board a schooner, experience the magical charm of the Aeolian archipelago on this trip. Sail on the sea bathed in sun and silence, punctuated by swims in deserted creeks, excursions with your francophone guide and by hikes of active volcanos at Vulcano et Stromboli (optional). Visit the fishing ports of Salina and Stromboli, the thermal water and mud-baths of Vulcano, and the incrediblearcheological and vulcanological museum in Lipari. While comfortably berthed in this suberb vessel, experience the pleasure of the truecuisine of these island and taste the simple pleasures of life of the Aeolian Islands.
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Europe, Italy, Sicily|
|Season:||Autumn, Spring, Summer|
|Responsible travel:||Economy, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Possible without flight, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Beach, Cruise, Mud bath, Observation, Sport, Tour, Trekking, Walk, Wellness|
|Accommodation:||Boat, Sailing boat|
|Natural environment:||Island, Sea, Volcano|
|Culture:||Architecture, History, Vernacular architecture|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival in Palermo and welcome to the boat.
- Day 2 : Sail to Panarea, & the inhabited Lisca Bianca & Bottaro.
- Day 3 : Sail along the virtical cliffs of Basiluzzo. Lunchtime arrival at Stromboli. Optional climb.
- Day 4 : Tour of Stromboli & evening observation of volcanic activity. Swimming stop at Ginostra before crossing from Stromboli to Salina.
- Day 5 : Climb to the summit of Monte Fossa delle Felci. Tour of the island of Salina by boat. Stop for a swim in the spectacular bay of Pollara. Crossing from Salina to Lipari.
- Day 6 : Visit Lipari and the archeological & vulcanological museum. Crossing Lipari to Vulcano sail onto the Faraglioni.
- Day 7 : Tour of Vulcano. Stop for a swim in Venus’s pool and visit the grotto of the Seahorse. Sail the length of the west coast of Vulcano to the port of Gelso, crossing from Vulcano to Milazzo.
- Day 8 : Transfer to Palermo airport. Flights Palermo to Switzerland or a few extra days in Sicily.
Length of the holiday
8 days (7 nights)
From 04 April to 25 October 2014, Saturday to Saturday
From € 1,210.– to € 1,747.– according to the season (on request)
Included with the holiday
- transfer from Palermo airport to Milazzo
- tour of the Aeolian Islands on a double cabin basis
- full board except the evening mels on Days 1 & 8 and a diner in Lipari
- a dinner at the pizzeria in Vulcano on Day 6
- a pick-nick meal on the Stromboli climb
- a Francophone guide for the holiday
- the guided excursions included in the itinerary
- equipment on the boat, fuel, port taxes
Not included with the holiday
- holiday insurance
- breakfasts on days 1 & 8
- a diner in Lipari
- drinks (mineral water is included)
- a pick-nick meal on the Stromboli climb with a vulcanologist guide (€ 25.– p/p paid locally)
- museum entrance fees in Lipari and the thermal establishment at Vulcano
- entry tax for the Aeoliam Islands and into the regional parks (Vulcano et Stromboli) (€ 7.– p/p for all)