A beautiful trip in southern Morocco where you will alternate travel by foot and vehicle in the desert, the beautiful Draa Valley and along the ocean coast. Accompanied by camels you will experience nights in tents, vigils in the desert, oases, and then explore the beautiful Atlantic coast and its famous argan shrubs, endemic plants bearing an oil with regenerating powers. But it all starts in bubbling Marrakech, with its medina, souk, and hidden riads …
Features of the holiday
|Season:||Autumn, Spring, Winter|
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Environment, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Possible without flight, Sensitization, Small organization, Solar thermal, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Mixed holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo, Student|
|Activities:||Beach, Camp, Massage, Thermal baths, Tour, Trekking, Walk|
|Accommodation:||Camp, Guesthouse, Small hotel, Tent|
|Natural environment:||Bactrian camel, Birds, Desert, Ecosystem, Flora, Geology, Mountain, Seaside|
|Culture:||Archeology, Architecture, Art, Artisans, Customs, Garden, History, Vernacular architecture|
|Climate:||Desert, Dry, Oceanic, Temperate|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Jour 1 : Flight, welcome at the airport, and transfer to hotel.
- Jour 2 : By road Ouarzazate , Agadez and Zagora in the Drâa valley. Meet the camelteers bivouac.
- Jour 3 : Walk through the palm-groves of Drâa (5h).
- Jour 4 : Walk in an oasis , adobe villages, then to the dunes.
- Jour 5 : Walking in the regs, dunes and ksours (Saouiat , Sidi Saleh). Cross the Drâa to Tedri (5:30h).
- Jour 6 : Visit the Sahara village of Oulaid Driss . Dinner in Moroccan Bedouin tents.
- Jour 7 : 4×4 expedition to the Chagaga Dunes , dry Lake Iriki of and Foum Zguid . A night in a restored Tata inn.
- Jour 8 : Visit Taroudant Oasis overnight in local guesthouse.
- Jour 9 : Transfer to Imssouane and meet with the camelteers. After a 3-4h walk, bivouac at Imarditsen.
- Jour 10 : Walk along the ocean cliffs, beaches and argan scrub (5-6h), bivouac.
- Jour 11 : Walk along the cliffs and scatered rockfalls (5-6h), bivouac on the Iftane beach.
- Jour 12 : Walk inland and bivouac near Marabout and the Sidi M’barek waterfalls (4- 5h).
- Jour 13 : Walk to Essaouira along the beaches. Overnight in an hotel.
- Jour 14 : Free day in Essaouira. Overnight in an hotel.
- Jour 15 : Transfer to the airport and flying to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
15 days (14 nights)
October to April
CHF 1’250.– per person (8 persons)
Included with the holiday
- reception at the Marrakech-Menara airport
- private transfer hotel round trip in authorized tourist transport (not a taxi)
- transfer Marrakech / Draa Valley tourist minibus transportation approved
- transfer Essaouira / Marrakech
- circuit 4×4 Oulaid Driss Imsouane J6 to J9 , tourist transport authorized & experienced driver
- 1 or 2 nights in a 3* hotel in a twin/double room, half board in Marrakech, 2 nights in a guest house in Tata in twin/double room, half board, 1 or 2 nights in Essaouira * 3 * hotel twin/double room, half board (except D14 left free)
- a qualified mountain & desert guide from day 1 to day 13
- service of an experienced chef from day 2 to day 13
- full board from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 15 (except dinner on day 14)
- A cameleteer and his camels – to transport equipment & luggage in the Draa Valley
- A muleteer and mules from Bâts for transportation of equipment & luggage along the Atlantic coas
- Logistics for hiking & camping ( mess tent , kitchen tent, igloo tent with foam mattresses, mats, kitchen equipment etc. Note that leeping bags are not included)
- assistance 24/24
Not included with the holiday
- flights from Switzerland
- travel insurance ( highly recommended)
- dinner on day 14
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.