Features of the holiday
|Season:||Autumn, Spring, Winter|
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Public transportation, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Natural environment:||Island, Mountain, Seaside|
|Culture:||Architecture, Art, Artisans, Buddhism, Castle, Cathedral, Customs, History, Legends, Philosophy, Temple, Vernacular architecture|
|Climate:||Continental, Humid subtropical, Temperate|
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Tokyo. Shinjuku and Shibuya areas.
- Day 2 : Tokyo. Shimo-Kitazawa area. Asakusa Temple.
- Day 3 : Tokyo. Tsukiji fish market. Ueno, park and museum. Ebisu neighborhood.
- Day 4 : Tokyo–Nagasaki. Mount Inasa-yama.
- Day 5 : Nagasaki. Urakami Cathedral. Dejima Dutch trading post. Shianbashi area.
- Day 6 : Nagasaki–Hagi.
- Day 7 : Hagi. Jôkamachi area (samurai area).
- Day 8 : Hagi. Tôkô-ji temple. Pottery workshop.
- Day 9 : Matsue. Castle and Lafcadio Hearn’s house.
- Day 10 : Matsue. Izumo Shrine.
- Day 11 : Kyoto. Kiyomizu-dera temple.
- Day 12 : Kyoto. Nanzen-ji temple. Fushimi Inari Shrine. Arashiyama bamboo forest. Gion, Geisha area.
- Day 13 : Kyoto or Nara or Osaka on your own.
- Day 14 : Transfer to Osaka. Return flight to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
14 days (13 nights)
Throughout the year but best periods are spring and autumn
CHF 11,870.–/pers. (2 pers.)
For 1, 3, 5 and 7 people, please ask us a special calculation.
Single room supplement: CHF 920.–
Included with the holiday
- accommodation in a hotel or a ryokan from day 1 (as soon as you arrive) to day 14,
- Japan Rail Pass for 2 weeks,
- all breakfasts, 9 diners,
- English-speaking guide during the whole trip
Not included with the holiday
- international return flights,
- travel insurance (highly recommended),
- excursions and activities not mentioned in the program,
- meals not mentioned in the detailed description,
- alcoholic beverages, mineral water, etc.,
- personal expenses