Features of the holiday
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Public transportation, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Thermal baths, Tour|
|Natural environment:||Island, Mountain, Seaside|
|Culture:||Architecture, Art, Artisans, Buddhism, Castle, Customs, History, Legends, Philosophy, Temple, Vernacular architecture|
|Climate:||Humid continental, Humid subtropical, Temperate|
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival in Japan & check-in at the hotel in Sapporo.
- Day 2 : Sapporo. Snow Festival.
- Day 3 : Sapporo. Hokkaidō Jingū Shinto Shrine.
- Day 4 : Sapporo–Hakodate. Cable-car to Mount Hakodate.
- Day 5 : Hakodate. Visit of the morning market; Motomachi historic district; brick warehouse area.
- Day 6 : Hakodate–Kakunodate. Buke-yashiki (samurai area). Night in a ryokan.
- Day 7 : Kakunodate. Excursion to the Nyūtō Onsen (thermal baths). Night in a ryokan.
- Day 8 : Morning in Kakunodate. Kakunodate–Kanazawa. Night in a ryokan.
- Day 9 : Kanazawa. Ōmicho Market. Contemporary Art Museum or traditional artisanal craft. Nagamachi (samurai area). Night in a ryokan.
- Day 10 : Kanazawa. Kenroku-en garden. Kanazawa Castle. Higashi Chaya-gai (geisha area). Dinner at Sekitei (traditional house). Night in a ryokan.
- Day 11 : Kanazawa–Tokyo. Visit of the city.
- Day 12 : Tokyo. Continuation of the visit.
- Day 13 : Tokyo on your own.
- Day 14 : Transfer to Tokyo Narita Airport. Return flight to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
14 days (13 nights)
CHF 11,420.–/pers. (2 pers.)
For 1, 3, 5 and 7 people, please ask us a special calculation.
Single room supplement: CHF 920.–
Included with the holiday
- accommodation in a hotel or a ryokan from day 1 (as soon as you arrive) to day 14,
- one-way domestic flight Tokyo–Sapporo,
- Japan Rail Pass for 2 weeks,
- all breakfasts, 7 dinners,
- English-speaking guide during the whole trip
Not included with the holiday
- international return flights,
- travel insurance (highly recommended),
- excursions and activities not mentioned in the program,
- meals not mentioned in the detailed description,
- alcoholic beverages, mineral water, etc.,
- personal expenses
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.