You start your trip in a small town that has kept a lot of charm and history, a slow introduction in a way, a start to a slower pace of life. Then follow a small winding road up to an altitude of 500 metres where you will discover a magnificent example of eco-housing. A small hamlet transformed into a hotel in the heart of nature. Here the staff will be waiting to guide your steps in the surroundings and describe what has become a great example of a new tourism in Greece. Reforestation, organic agriculture, and attitude. One morning you will be invited to spend time in the kitchen and prepare your own Cretan meal matched with a choice of wines. Finally, during your free time you will enjoy the tranquility of the area or discover some beaches, some of which are the pride of the Mediterranean.
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Crete, Europe, Greece|
|Season:||Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter|
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Eco hotel, Energy, Environment, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Organic, Photovoltaic, Sensitization, Small organization, Solar|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo, Student|
|Activities:||Beach, Cooking class, Swimming, Tasting, Tour, Trekking, Walk, Wine tasting|
|Natural environment:||Canyon, Geology, Island, Mountain, Sea|
|Culture:||Architecture, Church, History, Vernacular architecture|
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival in Heraklion. Pick up your rental vehicle and drive to Rethymno. Night in Rethymno.
- Day 2 : Free time to experience the small coastal town of Rethymno, whose historical part of the Venetian period has been preserved. Night at Rethymno.
- Day 3 : Drive to the mountains and Check in to your new home which is an eco guest house at an altitude of about 500 meters. This place is a early adopter in the restoration and reforestation of the surrounding hills in Crete and Greece. It has become a model in Greece.
- Day 4 : First guided walk (with a Cretan picnic break) in the surroundings to better understand the environment and the sustainable projects of your host structure. Rest of the day on your own to explore the west of Crete, its beautiful coast and its famous superb beaches renowned for being among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean.
- Day 5 : Cretan cooking class and meal accompanied by Cretan wines (to be drunk in moderation…). Rest of the day free.
- Day 6 : Second guided walk (with a Cretan picnic break) to discover other aspects of this environment. Rest of the day on your to explore western Crete.
- Day 7 : Free day to enjoy a hike or sunbathing.
- Day 8 : Drive to Heraklion and return your rental car at the airport.
Possibility to extend the duration of the stay in Crete, do not hesitate to ask us.
Length of the holiday
8 days (7 nights)
Throughout the year
Minimum 2 participants.
Single room supplement: CHF 375.–
Included with the holiday
- accommodation in a double room with breakfast,
- rental car (Opel Corsa or similar, all-inclusive insurance) for 8 days,
- Cretan cooking class with meal & wines,
- 2 guided hikes with picnic,
- travel log including suggestions of visits
Not included with the holiday
- international flights (suggested flights will of course be included upon request),
- travel insurance,
- excursions & activities not mentioned in the programme,
- lunches & evening meals except 2 picnics and 1 lunch,
- alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, etc.,
- personal expenses
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.