The tumbaos rhythm at every street corner, local houses with rainbow colours, cars looking like they have come out of a museum, energy… mesmerizing! A desire of Rumba and Son or the delicately perfumed rum, salsero eager for dance beat or fauna and flora lovers… Become intoxicated by the rhythm and jewels of Cuba — « The Pearl of the Caribbean » — and share time with the Cuban people. Heirs to a rich and dense history and culture, the inhabitants will allow you experience the traditions that punctuate their daily life, with their characteristic spontaneity and joie de vivre. A pleasure for the senses and for the mind !
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Antilles, Caribbean, Central America, Cuba|
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Beach, Bike ride, Dance class, Education, Percussion class, Swimming, Tour, Walk|
|Natural environment:||Flora, Forest, Sea, Seaside, Tropical plants|
|Culture:||Architecture, Art, Coffee cultivation, Colonial style, Customs, Dance, History, Music|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival and welcome at Havana Airport.
- Day 2 : Explore the city on foot with the local guide. In the afternoon, siesta. In the evening, discover small restaurants.
- Day 3 : Introduction to the Salsa dance, then see the city. In the evening, a concert.
- Day 4 : Introduction to percussion, then discovery of the city. In the afternoon, beach. In the evening, a concert.
- Day 5 : In the morning, discovery of the city. In the evening, ballet at the opera or concert.
- Day 6 : Travel from Havana to Viñales.
- Day 7 : Discovery of the sites of Viñales.
- Day 8 : Transfer from Viñales to Cienfuegos.
- Day 9 : Morning excursion to the botanical garden. In the afternoon, transfer to Trinidad.
- Day 10 : Explore the city on foot. In the afternoon, siesta. In the evening, a concert.
- Day 11 : Rumba dance class, then discovery of the city. In the evening, a concert.
- Day 12 : Travel from Trinidad to Varadero.
- Day 13 : In the morning, cultural discovery of Varadero. In the afternoon, transfer Varadero to Havana. In the evening, a last concert or show. Or last night in Varadero and direct transfer to the airport the last day.
- Day 14 : Return flight to Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
14 days (13 nights)
November to July
Price per person in a double room:
Single room supplement: CHF 420.–
Included with the holiday
- 13 nights in a double room in Casa Particular,
- 3 hours dance and percussion classes or vintage car tour and 2 hours dance and percussion classes
- transfers and trips between cities
Not included with the holiday
- international flights,
- travel insurance (compulsory),
- touristic card (visa),
- lunch and dinner,
- admission to museums, concerts, night parties,
- personal expenses