Features of the holiday
|Destination:||England, Europe, United Kingdom|
|Season:||Autumn, Spring, Summer|
|Responsible travel:||Accommodation, Economy, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Possible without flight, Small organization, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Active holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, More mature, Small group, Solo, Student|
|Activities:||Observation, Tour, Walk|
|Accommodation:||Bed & Breakfast, Guesthouse, Small hotel|
|Natural environment:||Cliff, Geology, Seaside|
|Culture:||Archeology, Art, History, Vernacular architecture|
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Travel by train from Switzerland to Wareham, then by bus to the sea-side town of Swanage. Overnight in a B&B in Swanage.
- Day 2 : Walk from Swanage on the cliff-tops as far as Corfe Castle. Return to Swanage, free for evening meal and overnight in Swanage in your B&B.
- Day 3 : Walk through the hills towards Ballard Down and along the Handfast Point cliff for the a view towards the famous “Old Harry Rocks”. Return to Swanage, free for evening meal and overnight in Swanage in your B&B.
- Day 4 : We leave Swannage for the west along the coast to Perbeck near Worth maltravers and Kinston. Free for evening meal and overnight in a B&B in Kingston.
- Day 5 : From Kingston we walk to Swyre Head then onto Kimmeridge. Free for evening meal and overnight in a B&B in Kingston.
- Day 6 : Return to Wareham by bus then by train to London then train onto Switzerland.
- Day 6 : Travel by bus to Lyme Regis.
- Day 7 : Explore Lyme Regis and neighboring Charmouth.
- Day 8 : Bus to the seaside town of Sidmouth.
- Day 9 : Travel by bus to the city of Exeter then travel by train to London then train onto Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
6 or 9 days
From June to September
Price per person in a double or twin room:
Itinerary 6 days: CHF 1060.– (4 pers.), CHF 1025.– (6 pers.), CHF 980.– (8 pers.), CHF 940.– (10 pers.)
Itinerary 9 days: CHF 1620.– (4 pers.), CHF 1545.– (6 pers.), CHF 1480.– (8 pers.), CHF 1445.– (10 pers.)
Group size: minimum 4, maximum 10 persons
Included with the holiday
- 5 or 8 nights in a Bed & Breakfast or equivalent
- breakfast, mineral-water
- activities described in the itinerary
- transfers and transport during the guided part of the travel
- An English speaking geologist-guide
Not included with the holiday
- holiday insurance
- travel by train to and from Dorset
(not included in the price, but we are happy to make these arrangements for you)
- lunch and dinner, afternoon teas and snacks
- alcoholic drinks
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.