A fascinating insight into this iconic mountain land and its Tibetan Bhuddist culture. Three weeks of traveling including ten days trekking from Ladakh to Zanskar. A delightful journey for the eyes, and a wonderful experience for the heart… Ladakh, Little Tibet and Zanskar, The Land of white copper, is a small paradise surrouded by the Himalayas where grow wheat and barley, on all sides of the mountain slopes. These valleys are two of the most remote Himalayan regions; they continue the ancient Tibetan traditional culture. Here are villages, sometimes cut off from eight months a year by the altitude and snow, still live in a time all but in the distant past. Walk between mystery and magic, between eternity and purity — it is a powerful and intense experience.
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Asia, India, Ladakh, Zanskar|
|Responsible travel:||Economy, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Sports holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Family, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Camp, Sport, Tour, Trekking|
|Accommodation:||Camp, Guesthouse, Hotel, Tent|
|Natural environment:||Ibex, Mountain, Yak|
|Culture:||Architecture, Buddhism, Customs, History, Philosophy, Temple, Vernacular architecture|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Geneva – Delhi, overnight.
- Day 2 : Delhi – Leh. Night in a guesthouse.
- Day 3 & 4 : See the villages of the Indus Valley, Stok and its palace, Choklamsar. Overnight in a guesthouse.
- Day 5 : Depart to the west of the Indus, Alchi Monastery, Lamyaru, Kagyu Monastery. Overnight camp at the base of the monastery.
- Day 6 : Traditional Amchi healers. Camp overnight on the slopes.
- Day 7 : Yogma Pass (4720 m) Shillakong.
- Day 8 : Nigutse La Pass (5100 m). Camp overnight on the slopes.
- Day 9 : Sirsi Pass (4800 m). Photoksar Village. Camp overnight.
- Day 10 : Bumiktse La Pass (4420 m). Camp overnight on the slopes.
- Day 11 : Sengge La Pass (4960 m) then Kuipa La Pass (4450 m) and Gongma Village. Camp in the village.
- Day 12 : Linghed Village. Camp overnight.
- Day 13 : The foot of Hanuma La. Lanang base-camp (4030 m). Overnight.
- Day 14 : Hanuma Pass (4760 m). Camp near the river. Oma Chu.
- Day 15 : Parfi La Pass, see the Zanskar Valley to Hanumi. Camp overnight.
- Day 16 : Pidmo & Pishu villages. Camp overnight.
- Day 17 : End of the trek, cross the river Zanskar & villages & monasteries.
- Day 18 : Padun Village, Gelugpa Monastery. Camp overnight.
- Day 19 : The Pensi La Pass & Lalung glacier. Rangdum Monastery. Camp.
- Day 20 : Move to Muslim Ladakh. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 21 : Return to Leh. Night in a guesthouse.
- Day 22 : Flight Leh – Dehli. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 23 : Delhi – Geneva.
Length of the holiday
23 days (22 nights)
June to September by request
For 8 participants: CHF 4,350.– pp., 6 participants: CHF 4,790.– pp., 2 & 4 participants: CHF 5,350.– pp. (all flights included !)
Included with the holiday
- international & domestic flights
- full-board during the trek, breakfast only otherwise
- hotel in Delhi & Kargil, guest-house in Leh, camping otherwise
- Delhi transfer by minibus
- Ladakh transfers by jeep
- all trekking material: tents, local Ladakhi guide, cook & two assistants, muleteers, mule caravan, camps fees, all visits in the programme
- tour of Delhi and included entry fees
- 10% of the cost of your holiday is donated to local NGOs
Not included with the holiday
- lunch & dinner in Delhi & Leh
- sleeping bag
- obligatory medical and repatriation insurance
- personal items
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.