From the Andean Cordilleria to the Patagonia in Chile and Argentina, this magnificent trip brings together two mythical and fabulous regions for the trek. On one hand there is the Maule Valley under the Andean Cerro Colmillo del Diablo and its magnificent National Park great for hiking, and on the other hand El Calafate with the famous, and well visited, glacier Perito Moreno which is a must to be seen when in Patagonia. From Santiago you travel to the south as far as Talca where you start your first trek. Eight days in this untouched region, the preserve of condor, and of the volcano El Descabezabo Grande which you climb. After a stop at Puerto Montt you fly to Punta Arenas at the extreme south of Chile and then up to the frontier with Argentina and the majestic glaciers of the region of El Calafate.
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Andes, Argentina, Chile, Patagonia, South America|
|Responsible travel:||Environmentally-friendly transportation, Local food, Micro-economy, Public transportation, Sensitization, Small organization|
|Travel type:||Sports holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, More mature, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Camp, Observation, Tasting, Thermal baths, Trekking, Wine tasting|
|Accommodation:||Gîte, Mountain hut, Small hotel, Tent|
|Natural environment:||Condor, Flora, Forest, Fossils, Geology, Glacier, Guanaco, Horse, Ice field, Imperial Shag, Lake, Mountain, Paleontology, Pampas, Pudú, Puma, Volcano|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival at Santiago airport and transfer to a guesthouse in the Talca region.
- Day 2 to Day 9 : Transfer to the Parcos dos Inglos and the start of a 7 day trek in the National Reserve Altos de Lircay.
- Day 10 : Winetasting and a Chilean meal in the Maule region, then an overnight bus to Puerto Montt.
- Day 11 : Flight to Punta Arenas, bus transfer to Puerto Natales.
- Day 12 : Bus transfer to the Argentine frontier and onto El Calafate.
- Day 13 : Transfer to the Glacier National Park and to the Cerro Sombrero Valles to camp at Arroyo campsite.
- Day 14 : Cross the Paso de la Laguna del Cerro Sombrero, Lago Tanhaüser, then along Rio de los Perros to camp.
- Day 15 : Mirador Cristina then descending to the Estancia Cristina. By boat to Punta Bandera and then transfer to El Calafate.
- Day 16 : Trekking in the Upsala Glacier valley rich in fossils.
- Day 17 : Lago Roca and by boat on Lago Argentino, explore the area then Lago Frias.
- Day 18 : Visit Perito Moreno Glacier and a small trek to the viewpoint, return to El Calafate.
- Day 19 : Flight to Buenos Aires and then onto Switzerland.
Length of the holiday
20 days (18 nights + 2 night flights)
On demand, November to March.
Price per person:
CHF 6,650.– (2 pers.)
Included with the holiday
- accommodation, all meals without drinks,
- transfers, buses and boats,
- 3 National Park entries,
- domestic flight Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas,
- mountain guide,
- local guides,
- team support during the trek with horses and mules for transport
Not included with the holiday
- flights El Calafate–Buenos Aires and return international flights,
- travel insurance,
- excursions and activities not mentioned in the programme,
- alcoholic drinks,
- mineral water,
- personal items
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.