Over the course of the vacation, you will explore the southern Antilles as the fabled exploreres of the past have done – by sail. You have the chance to climb several of the best known peaks some of which are active but sleeping volcanos… You also have the opportunity to experience the tropical forest and taste the best of Creole cuisine while seeing the coral reefs and watching the abundant flora and fauna. To start you have three enchanting nights on a tiny island off Martinique, the first day is spent relaxing, the second in a hike to the summit of Pélée on the third you join the 13 metre catamaran for a cruise south to St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines spending your time sailing, hiking two volcanos, snorkelling and after all of this returning to Martinique to return home.
Features of the holiday
|Destination:||Antilles, Caribbean, Central America, Grenadines, Martinique, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent|
|Responsible travel:||Eco hotel, Economy, Environmentally-friendly transportation, Food, Local food, Micro-economy, Small organization, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Mixed holidays|
|Traveller type:||Family, Small group|
|Activities:||Cruise, Sailing, Snorkeling, Sport, Trekking|
|Accommodation:||Boat, Sailing boat, Small hotel|
|Natural environment:||Island, Marine fauna, Mountain, Reef, Sea, Tropical plants, Volcano|
|Culture:||Architecture, Colonial style, History|
Click on the above keywords to browse other holidays with a similar feature.
Itinerary of the holiday
- Day 1 : Arrival at the airport in Martinique and transfer to your hotel on an islet off the east coast.
- Day 2 : A relaxation and decompression day.
- Day 3 : Hike the Mount Pelée.
- Day 4 : Board the catamaran and sail south to St. Lucia.
- Day 5 : Hike Gros Piton then sail south to Bequia in the Grenadines.
- Day 6 : Visit Port Elisabeth, sail on down through the Grenadines.
- Day 7 : Sailing and snorkellingin the Grenadines – Canouan, Mayreau, Tobago Cays…
- Day 8 : Sail north to the island of St. Vincent.
- Day 9 : Hike the volcano La Soufrière then sail north to Martinique.
- Day 10 : After sailing through the night, moor the catamaran in Marin about 10.00 a.m. then transfer to the airport Aimé-Césaire or extend your vacation in the Caribbean.
Length of the holiday
10 days (9 nights)
Departure from December to June (minimum 6 persons)
From CHF 3,475.– per person
Included with the holiday
- all transport over 10 days of the trip in the Windward Islands
- 3 nights in double room in a small hotel
- 7 days sailing trip with a professional skipper and a guide-cook on each catamaran
- all meals except 2 evening meals
- non-alcoholic beverages and local beer
- hiking guides
Not included with the holiday
- trans-atlantic flights
- holiday insurance (highly recommended)
- 2 evening meals