Features of the holiday
|Responsible travel:||Environmentally-friendly transportation, Possible without flight, Transportation|
|Travel type:||Sports holidays|
|Traveller type:||Couple, Small group, Solo|
|Activities:||Mountain climbing, Sport|
|Natural environment:||Chamois, Glacier, Ibex, Marmot, Mountain|
Itinerary of the holiday
- Initiation on Alpinism on the Glacier du Trient (close to the Mont-Blanc Massif). Over four days in a dream landscape at over 3000 metres in altitude, you learn the basics of Alpinism – walking on the glacier, use of crampons & the ice axe, and climbing techniques. Overnights are in the high altitude cabanes. This is an ideal initiation for the physically fit.
- Three days — two summits. In the region of the Grand-Combin massive in the Val de Bagnes, two summits in excess of 3,700 metres with a fantastic view of the Mont-Blanc Massif. Overnights in the high altitude cabanes. These ascents are for those who have already trained in Alpinism (use of crampons and ice ax), and are comfortable in the rock and land off-trail, with a good physique.
- A hidden summit — Le Vélan (3,727 m.) A superb ascent over two days, an overlooked classic in the Grand-Combin Massif region. This is for climbers with good experience of Alpinism – use of crampons & the ice axe with a good technical ability in rock climbing and a high level of fitness.
- Possible extension: The majestic Grand-Combin.
- It is possible to continue with an ascent of Grand-Combin summit along the Meitin arête for experienced mountain climbers.
Length of the holiday
Depending on the chosen variation
From July to September
Included with the holiday
Depending on the choices you make. More information will be given to you when we define your customized programme.
Not included with the holiday
There is no video for this holiday at the moment.